The New Leaf Collaborative is a 501c3 non-profit corporation based out of Martinez, CA.
We support learners through the following ways:
- Provide and support hands-on learning and leadership opportunities to K-14 students in areas of science, nature and ecological literacy.
- Cultivate structures for educators, students, parents and community members to work in partnership to link learning to real-life exploration, community-based projects and career focused pathways.
- Conduct workshops for educators, students, parents and community members that promote holistic approaches to learning cultures.
Within the New Leaf Collaborative there are many partnering organizations that help to integrate learning strategies, resources and expertise with place-based, hands-on experiences. Some of our partners include:
- City of Martinez
- Contra Costa County Mental Health and Behavioral Services
- Martinez Unified School District
- Martinez Community Foundation
- Shell Oil
- Republic Services
- Kiwanis Club of Martinez
- Community Science Workshop Network
- Mission Science Workshop
- Excelsior Science Workshop
- Friends of Alhambra Creek
- Muir Heritage Land Trust
- Sapere Environmental
- Lunchbox International
- Contra Costa Resource Conservation District
- Alhambra Watershed Council
- Stewardship Council
- John Muir National Historic Site