Empowering Educators Cohort 2017-2018
SIGN UP for the R4 2017-2018 Cohort HERE
What will the cohort be like?
- Be one of a small learning community that get to participate in a community of learning and practice for one academic year
- Learn to understand your own transformative journey within the Hero’s Journey
- Attend 4 workshop within a cohort of your adult peers in R4 schools (dates on reverse side) and a special celebration gathering
- Attend 3 exploratory workshops with your students sharing learning experiences about topics that affect all of our lives.
- Receive extended training, personalized guidance, subject-related literature and classroom materials
- Receive Up to 8 CEU credits from St. Mary’s College
- Receive up to 4 hours of coaching and personalized mentoring from local and national educational experts
- Participate in a 2 Peer Learning Circle conference calls
What are the qualifications:
- Work in some capacity supporting students from R4 schools
- Possess a willingness to explore and share educational philosophies, values, and dreams with educators who work with similar students toward similar goals.
- Commit to participate in all face to face learning sessions and an end of year celebration ceremony
- Commit to creating, implementing and reflecting on an individual educational project
- Submit a letter of commitment of participation in all cohort activities. Send letter to: Sierra Mathias at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will be the content?
- Time for connection with other like-minded educators in a peer learning circle
- Time for reflection, dialogue, and nourishment
- Opportunity to learn from storytelling and a variety of experiential activities
- Orientation to relational and transformative teaching
- Increased understanding of personal strengths and how to work from those strengths
- Renewed commitment to personal and professional understanding & growth
- Support for the creation, implementation and reflection upon an individual project
- Connection to multiple leaders in cutting-edge educational practice
Learn more at at www.newleafcollaborative.org