The New Leaf Collaborative connects students and teachers with experiences that support social and emotional learning experiences. We are currently developing opportunities to offer teachers and schools to integrate approaches that support the whole child. If you have a grant opportunity or community connection that may lead to opportunities that bring these services to your classroom, please contact us!
Prevention and Early Intervention of Mental Health Illness
We are currently providing integrated, mental health focused, learning experiences at Vicente Martinez High School and Briones School of Independent Study for students of all cultural backgrounds. This New Leaf Collaborative program is jointly facilitated within a unique partnership between Martinez Unified School District (MUSD) to assist Contra Costa Mental Health in implementing the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA). This Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) Program supports at-risk students in a variety of experiential and leadership opportunities that support social, emotional and behavioral health, career exposure, and academic growth while also encouraging, linking and increasing student access to direct mental health services.
Key services include student activities that support:
- individualized learning plans
- mindfulness and stress management interventions
- team and community building
- character, leadership, and asset development
- place-based learning, service projects that promote hands-on learning, ecological literacy, and intergenerational relationships
- career-focused preparation and internships
- direct mental health counseling